Saturday, August 2, 2008

Gottaplaymorehands

So by challenging myself to try to clear the Betway $5k bonus, I've essentially gone and done exactly what I promised myself last year I wouldn't do again: Put myself in a position where I'm committed to playing poker. Last year, it was a marathon to reach Stars Supernova, and now it's clearing a monster bonus. I don't feel great about it, but now that I've taken it on, I'm going to go the distance as best I can. The upside to the Betway bonus is that I'm getting $100 for every 3k points regardless of if I manage to finish the 150k points in three months or not. So regardless of how far I manage to get, I'll be rewarded in part, if not with the full five grand.

I haven't recovered from the initial 17 buy-in downswing yet, as you might have guessed, but I'm actually well on my way. I've made some serious adjustments to the regulars there, and I think it's paying off.

There's more to write about, but it's going to have to wait; I have an appointment with my bed and a book. Or two.

No comments: