Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Bot Prevention on Stars?

The Poker Grump just posted about a new feature on Stars. Apparently he was asked, mid-game, to type in a specified word (also known as a "captcha"). Check out the screenshot on his blog.

From what little I can gather from the screenshot, it seems to me that game flow isn't interrupted to wait for people to type it in, and you have 100 seconds time before something (what?) will happen.

I think this is pretty cool. It's a tiny, tiny nuisance but goes a very long way in dealing with the risk of bots. Thumbs up, Stars.

1 comment:

Huski said...

This happened to me also but I can't remember what the word was but I know it wasn't captcha. Anyway I typed it in and everything just kept going as normal. I agree that this is a step in the right direction for stars although I worry about what may happen to someone 15 tabling and doesn't see it or doesn't type it in time.